Exam period is a crucial time of the year. As parents, we try our best to help our children go through this critical time peacefully and effectively. How can parents help their children through this challenge?
- Set an example for your children by keeping calm and peaceful.
- Ensure your child is up-to-date on his or her homework and has met all deadlines.
- Participate in the review process by asking them to teach you about what they have learned or help them make flashcards to review new material.
- Encourage your children to study the material they have learned at school each day as soon as they arrive home.
- Ask your children questions about the material and encourage them to revisit the material so they can thoroughly explain the material to you.
- Reward your children for hard work and consistency, not just good marks.
- Good luck to you and your children during the exam period!
Bchira Dhouib, B.Ed.
Director of Education